Upper Bullawa Creek picnic area
Mount Kaputar National Park
Ideal for families, Upper Bullawa Creek picnic area offers a relaxing barbecue spot, with scenic views and birdwatching, in Mount Kaputar National Park, near Narrabri.
- Picnic areas
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching
Upper Bullawa Creek picnic area is a great spot for a leisurely picnic lunch in Mount Kaputar National Park, near Narrabri. Ideal for families and groups, it’s an ideal creekside pit stop while car touring and offers unique scenic mountain views from the valley floor, with excellent birdwatching.
Choose your spot under the shade of the whispering casuarinas along the creek and enjoy a leisurely picnic lunch, or spark up the wood fire barbecue. The kids can enjoy a ball game in the large level clearing nearby. The shallow creek is ideal for a refreshing paddle for the little ones on a hot summer’s day.
You get a great view up the valley at the towering mountain range from this spot. Don’t forget your binoculars for birdwatching, as it’s a great spot to see a range of woodland birds, especially the rare brown treecreeper.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.
- in Mount Kaputar National Park in the Country NSW region
Mount Kaputar National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.