Tunnel Road picnic area
Woomargama National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Tunnel Road picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Tunnel Road picnic area is on the western edge of Woomargama National Park. To get there from Albury:
- Travel north on Hume Highway
- Take the Woomargama exit
- Turn right into Tunnel Road and travel about 10km to the park’s boundary
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Tunnel Road picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Woomargama National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The crisp air offers excellent conditions for exploring either on foot or by mountain bike.
Many of the wildflowers are in bloom; including the pale-pink common fringe myrtle; native fuchsia, with its red bell-shaped flowers, and the yellow bitter-peas.
Camp in the bushland by Basin Creek, where it's cool, at Tin Mines campground.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 30°C
5°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- You'll need to bring your own drinking and cooking water
- You are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
- Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6947 7025
- The Old Butter Factory, 5 Adelong Road, Tumut NSW 2720