Tunnel Road picnic area
Woomargama National Park
Located at the entrance to Woormagama National Park, near Holbrook, Tunnel Road picnic area is an idyllic spot where you can experience birdwatching, walking and wildflower displays in spring.
- Picnic areas
- Woomargama National Park
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch
The restoration of the old quarry site at Tunnel Road picnic area is both pretty and impressive. Lots of native plants and bushes – flowering common fringe myrtle with its pale-pink blooms and stunning yellow bitter-peas among them – have been planted to ensure that this quiet spot is as scenic and beautiful as it is peaceful.
Located at the main entrance to Woomargama National Park, this is a great spot to cook up a barbecue. After your feast, stretch your legs with a short walk around the picnic area, or a ride on your mountain bike. Many animals, including wombats, echidnas and wallabies can be seen around here, so the kids will love it.
There is also a map of the entire park on display, so if you’re really enjoying your time at Tunnel Road picnic area, you can work out where else you might like to explore.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6947 7025
- The Old Butter Factory, 5 Adelong Road, Tumut NSW 2720
- in Woomargama National Park in the Murray-Riverina and Snowy Mountains regions
Woomargama National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.