Queens Lake picnic area
Queens Lake Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about the Queens Lake picnic area .
Getting there and parking
Queens Lake picnic area is in the southern precinct of Queens Lake Nature Reserve. To get there:
From Ocean Drive
- From the townships of Lake Cathie or Bonny Hills, turn onto Bonny View Drive
- Turn left onto Jolley Nose Drive, then right onto Corama Place.
- Turn left onto Waterloo Creek Road
- Continue to Queens Lake Road, turn left, and continue to the picnic area.
From Pacific Highway
- Turn off the highway onto Bobs Creek Ro ad just north of Herons Creek
- Continue for 4km, veer right onto Waterloo Creek Road, and drive for 1km.
- Turn right onto Queens Lake Road and continue to the picnic area
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Queens Lake picnic area can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Queens Lake picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Queens Lake Nature Reserve. Here are some of the highlights.
Take advantage of the milder weather and go windsurfing on the lake. Or, if you prefer to stay on land, explore the reserve on foot and enjoy a spot of birdwatching along the way.
It's an ideal time to use the reserve's riverside location to enjoy swimming, fishing, paddling and boating.
Use the cooler months as an opportunity to get yourself active and go cycling through the reserve. You might even spot some wildlife as you're riding along.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 29°C
7°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Please note there are no toilet facilities in this picnic area.
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it's a good idea to bring your own.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Port Macquarie office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444