Queens Lake picnic area
Queens Lake Nature Reserve
Perfect for swimming, boating and fishing, Queens Lake picnic area, in Queens Lake Nature Reserve, is an ideal family day out on the Mid North Coast, near Port Macquarie.
- Picnic areas
- Queens Lake Nature Reserve
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching.
Be warned; once discovered, you might not want to leave the natural beauty of Queens Lake picnic area, just a short drive south of Port Macquarie. Nestled amongst towering eucalypts and lush rainforest, this idyllic lakeside spot is a refreshing oasis in the summer months. Situated in Queens Lake Nature Reserve on the Mid North Coast, it’s a great day out for families and nature-lovers who enjoy a secluded getaway without the crowds.
While away a relaxing day filled with swimming, fishing and boating. Or just sit back in the shade while the little ones enjoy paddling in the calm waters. After a relaxing lunch at the picnic tables, launch the boat or canoe from the small wharf and explore the lake.
The surrounding forests make it perfect for wildlife and birdwatching. You might see glossy black cockatoos, swift parrots and, if you’re lucky, perhaps a koala.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Port Macquarie office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- in Queens Lake Nature Reserve in the North Coast region
Queens Lake Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.