Potoroo Falls picnic area
Tapin Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Potoroo Falls picnic area.
Getting there and parking
- Take Elands Road and Wherrol Flat Road to Wherrol Flat
- At Wherrol Flat, turn left onto Dingo Tops Road.
- Follow Dingo Tops Road to Rusty Road
- Follow Rusty Road to Potoroo Road
- Turn right on Potoroo Road to Little Run Creek
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available nearby the picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Tapin Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The autumn colours in Dingo Tops campground are nothing short of spectacular in autumn, making it a perfect spot for a picnic or a stroll on a crisp, clear day.
Enjoy the fresh young growth and newborn animals on walks to the spectacular Rowleys Rock lookout with its panoramic views, or wandering through the rainforest along Potoroo Falls walk or Mountain Brush circuit.
Escape the heat and humidity of the coast and go swimming at the lovely Potoroo Falls, or enjoy the fresh mountain air at Dingo Tops campground.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
- Taree office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6552 4097
- 78 Hargreaves Drive, Taree NSW 2430