Potoroo Falls picnic area
Tapin Tops National Park
Potoroo Falls picnic area is well-equipped with sheltered tables, wood barbecues and toilets. It’s a great place to enjoy a bite after you’ve walked to Potoroo Falls and had a splash in the swimming hole.
- Picnic areas
- Tapin Tops National Park in North Coast
- What to
- Drinking water, lunch, hat, sunscreen, firewood, cooking water
Located on Little Run Creek, Potoroo picnic area is an ideal, scenic spot for lunch. Sheltered tables, wood barbecues, and toilets are all provided to make things easy and relaxing, so you can sit back and soak in the views or wander along the creek looking for platypus.
The spectacular Potoroo Falls lies approximately 1km upstream from the picnic area, along Potoroo Falls walk, and is well worth the effort for a lovely stroll through the rainforest with a swim in the waterfall pool at the end.
Take a walk along Potoroo Falls walk which leads from the picnic area through rainforest to the beautiful Potoroo Falls, with its tranquil swimming hole.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Taree office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6552 4097
- 78 Hargreaves Drive, Taree NSW 2430
- in Tapin Tops National Park in the North Coast region
Tapin Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.