Perch Hole picnic area
Lake Innes Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about the Perch Hole picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Perch Hole picnic area is in the eastern precinct of Lake Innes Nature Reserve. To get there:
- From Port Macquarie CBD, head south on Ocean Drive and continue for approximately 14km
- Turn right at the sign indicating Perch Hole picnic area, shortly before the town of Lake Cathie.
- Follow the signs to the picnic area
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Perch Hole picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of things to enjoy when you visit Perch Hole picnic area in Lake Innes Nature Reserve. Here are some of the highlights.
Go birdwatching or enjoy wildlife-spotting around the lake.
Enjoy getting out on the water canoeing, kayaking or fishing.
Cool down when the weather is hot by swimming in lovely Lake Innes.
Take a guided tour of Innes Ruins and learn about the area’s intriguing history.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 27°C
7°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Port Macquarie office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444