Perch Hole picnic area
Lake Innes Nature Reserve
Perch Hole picnic area, beside Lake Innes, is an idyllic spot for a family celebration, a romantic picnic, or to get away from it all and enjoy some solitude in the middle of nature.
- Picnic areas
- Lake Innes Nature Reserve
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching.
Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy a relaxing day by the water at Perch Hole picnic area.
People come from miles around to take in this beautiful setting, where you can also enjoy fishing, kayaking, canoeing and swimming in this large estuarine lake in the middle of the reserve. Birdwatching is another highlight here, as the lake supports a variety of birdlife including osprey, black swans and wood ducks, as well as many other aquatic animals.
Perhaps the best way to enjoy the lake though is to explore it by kayaking, canoeing, or setting sail in a small motored dingy.
Enjoy walking, hiking or cycling along Googik Heritage walking track in Lake Innes Nature Reserve while taking in some of the great sights of Port Macquarie.
Innes Ruins at Innes Ruins Historic Site, near Port Macquarie, is closed until further notice due to the impacts of bushfires in October 2019.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Port Macquarie office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- in Lake Innes Nature Reserve in the North Coast region
Lake Innes Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.