Moore Park picnic area
Moore Park Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about the Moore Park picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Moore Park picnic area is at the northern end of Moore Park Nature Reserve. To get there:
- From Summerland Way at Old Grevillia, travel 1.1km along Findon Creek Road.
- The picnic area is located on the right, immediately before the first bridge over Richmond River.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available in gravel and grass carparks at Moore Park picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you at Moore Park Nature Reserve. Here are some of the highlights.
The ripening figs attract numbers of rainforest pigeons.
The silky oaks are in bloom, their gold flowers brightening the forest.
More than 10,000 flying foxes use the reserve as a maternity ward. Please ensure you do not disturb them.
Frosts and fogs hug the forest in the early morning, but once they lift the days are glorious.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 29°C
4°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- You'll need to bring your own drinking and cooking water
- You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
The picnic area is flat and step-free, but there are no pathways. You'll need to cross over flat grass to reach the facilities.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Moore Park picnic area is mostly flat and step-free, with the following accessible facilities:
- Accessible toilets
- Accessible picnic tables
The picnic area doesn't have pathways - people with reduced mobility may need assistance to cross over flat grass to reach the facilities.
Firewood is not supplied and may not be collected from the reserve.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Kyogle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6632 0000
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474