Mitchell Park picnic area
Cattai National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Mitchell Park picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Mitchell Park picnic area is located in the Mitchell Park section of Cattai National Park. To get there, take Mitchell Park Road from the Cattai Road or Wisemans Ferry Road. The picnic area is located in the large field downhill from the entry gate.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available along the road throughout the park, parking spaces are not marked.
Best times to visit
Cattai National Park is a great place to visit all year round. Head to the park for a winter picnic in the sun or a family camping holiday during spring. Walking and bike riding are popular autumn activities in the park and summer is perfect for boating and paddling along the river.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 30°C
3°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Water is not available, you'll need to bring your own supply for cooking and drinking.
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
- The picnic area is mostly flat, with grass and gravel terrain.
- A wheelchair-accessible toilet is located at the amenities block, about 200m from the picnic area.
- You can bring your own gas barbecue, but these are not permitted on Total Fire Ban days.
- Large group camping may be permitted in this area, but you'll need prior approval from the Scheyville office.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Scheyville office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4580 2750
- 71 Memorial Drive, Scheyville 2756
- in Cattai National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Cattai National Park opens from 8am to 5pm (May to October) and 8am to 8pm (November to April). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day (including motorbikes). The park has pay and display machines -cash and credit cards accepted..Buy annual pass