Homestead Creek picnic area
Mutawintji National Park
Set amid outback river red gums and close to a number of Mutawintji National Park’s walking tracks, Homestead Creek picnic area is a scenic place for a barbecue lunch.
- Picnic areas
- Mutawintji National Park in Outback NSW
Homestead Creek picnic area is a picturesque and well-located site within the park where you can spread out your maps and stock up on energy levels with a snack or meal before heading out on one of Mutawintji’s beautiful bushwalks. It’s also the perfect place to enjoy a barbecue before heading back to Broken Hill or to the nearby campground.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Mutawintji National Park joint management program
Located in semi-arid lands near Broken Hill, Mutawintji National Park, Mutawintji Historic Site and Mutawintji Nature Reserve are all rich in Aboriginal history and culture. NSW National Parks and the Mutawintji Board of Management are working together to ensure their preservation.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Broken Hill office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed 1pm to 2pm.
- 08 8084 2880
- 183 Argent Street, Broken Hill NSW 2880
- in Mutawintji National Park in the Outback NSW region
Mutawintji National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (11)
- Aboriginal culture (5)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (2)
- Cultural heritage (3)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (3)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (1)
- Sightseeing (2)
- Visitor centres (2)
- Walking (7)