Halfway Point picnic area
Lane Cove National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Halfway Point picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Halfway Point picnic area is in Lane Cove National Park. To get there:
- From Lane Cove Road, West Chatswood, turn onto Riverside Drive.
- Continue along Riverside Drive until you reach Halfway Point picnic area on the left
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available at Halfway Point picnic area as well as adjoining picnic areas, located a short walk from the site. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Lane Cove National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The crisp sunny days of autumn are perfect for packing up a picnic or barbecue hamper and heading out for a day relaxing in the sun.
The park is alive with new life, including ducklings learning to swim and colourful wildflowers that light up the park's walking tracks.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 27°C
5°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- You'll need to bring your own drinking and cooking water
- Ice is available at the park office at nearby Lane Cove Tourist Park
- Recycling station in picnic area
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Firewood is not supplied and may not be collected from the park, so you'll need to bring your own
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Lane Cove National Park Office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 8448 0400
- Lane Cove National Park, 2 Max Allen Road Lindfield NSW 2070
- in Lane Cove National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Lane Cove National Park is open 9am to 7pm during daylight savings (until 6pm at other times). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines.
Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Prior payment may be required, please phone the Lane Cove National Park Office for more information.
Under the National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009, prior written approval is required for organised groups of 30 or more people planning to visit the park. Contact the park office prior to your visit.Buy annual pass