Halfway Point picnic area
Lane Cove National Park
Enjoy a picnic in a riverside setting near bushwalking trails at Halfway Point picnic area in Lane Cove National Park.
- Picnic areas
- Lane Cove National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
Halfway Point picnic area is:
- Open 9am-6pm outside of daylight savings periods
- During daylight savings periods, Halfway Point picnic area is open 9am-7pm.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch.
Halfway Point picnic area is an idyllic small, riverside picnic area, surrounded by bushland.
Why not gather a group of friends or head to the area with family for a riverside refresher? There is uncovered seating available for up to eight people. It’s the perfect spot for a lazy picnic or barbecue on a sunny afternoon, especially in warmer months.
The site is also close to all of the scenic attractions and outdoor activities Lane Cove National Park has to offer. For active types, there’s cycling and canoeing to enjoy, but if you prefer a more relaxed outing, then get amongst some birdwatching and visit historic cottages.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Lane Cove National Park Office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 8448 0400
- Lane Cove National Park, 2 Max Allen Drive Lindfield NSW 2070
- in Lane Cove National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Lane Cove National Park is open 9am to 7pm during daylight savings (until 6pm at other times). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines.
Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Prior payment may be required, please phone the Lane Cove National Park Office for more information.
Under the National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009, prior written approval is required for organised groups of 30 or more people planning to visit the park. Contact the park office prior to your visit.Buy annual pass