Gerroa picnic area
Seven Mile Beach National Park
Plan a day trip or make a detour from your road trip by heading to Gerroa picnic area. Picnic by the beach in an intimate bush setting, near Gerroa on the beautiful South Coast of NSW.
- Picnic areas
- Opening times
In summer, Gerroa picnic area is open from 6am until 8pm everyday closed overnight. In winter, the picnic area is open 6am to 6pm.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
Surrounded by bush, yet only moments away from the beach, Gerroa picnic area is a perfect way to escape and unwind. It’s accessible and offers something for everyone, yet remarkably secluded and peaceful.
Find a grassy patch under the trees and spread out your blanket, or set up your feast on one of the picnic tables provided. After lunch, why not wander over the dunes to the nearby Seven Mile Beach for a swim or a spot of fishing? Take in fresh sea air and stroll along the golden stretch of beach.
If you enjoy birdwatching, take a walk through the forests along the Sand track walk (north) towards Beach Road picnic area. Look out for the white-naped Honeyeater, little wattlebird or the black-faced cuckoo-shrike. But when all else fails, just sit back, relax and enjoy the tranquil surroundings with a good book and the sound of the waves breaking in the distance.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Nowra office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4428 6300
- 104 Flatrock Road, Mundamia NSW 2540
- in Seven Mile Beach National Park in the South Coast region
Seven Mile Beach National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (47)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (18)
- Cafes and kiosks (2)
- Canoeing/paddling (4)
- Cycling (2)
- Fishing (2)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (10)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (5)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (26)
- Snorkelling and scuba (1)
- Surfing (2)
- Swimming (4)
- Visitor centres (2)
- Walking (23)
- Waterfalls (13)
- Waterhole (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (5)