Beach Road picnic area
Seven Mile Beach National Park
Beach Road picnic area has everything you need for a relaxing day at the beach. Enjoy swimming or surfing, take a walk whilst birdwatching in the forest near Gerroa.
- Picnic areas
- Opening times
In summer, Gerroa picnic area is open from 6am until 8pm everyday closed overnight. In winter, the picnic area is open 6am to 6pm.
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
Set among shady bangalay trees and only moments from the beach, Beach Road picnic area has everything you need for your next family outing or group picnic.
Spread out a blanket on the grass or set up your feast on the picnic tables or large sheltered area. Then head down to the beach to kick a ball with the kids or set up for a game of beach volleyball. Try your luck fishing from the beach, then throw your catch on the barbecue for lunch.
Wander through tall forests on the Sand track walk (south) or Sand track walk (north) and catch glimpses of rainbow lorikeets and rosellas dotted throughout the trees. Keep your eyes out for the gliders found in this area. And for those who want to laze about, sit back and enjoy the views of the sweeping beach from the viewing platform, a short stroll from the picnic area.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Nowra office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4428 6300
- 104 Flatrock Road, Mundamia NSW 2540
- in Seven Mile Beach National Park in the South Coast region
Seven Mile Beach National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (48)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (19)
- Cafes and kiosks (2)
- Canoeing/paddling (4)
- Cycling (2)
- Fishing (2)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (10)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (5)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (27)
- Snorkelling and scuba (1)
- Surfing (2)
- Swimming (4)
- Visitor centres (2)
- Walking (24)
- Waterfalls (13)
- Waterhole (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (6)