Sand track walk (north)
Seven Mile Beach National Park
Take the Sand track walk through the forest and admire the birdlife at Seven Mile Beach National Park, near Nowra. Pack a picnic lunch, and enjoy sweeping views at the end.
- Seven Mile Beach National Park
- 3km one-way
- Time suggested
- 2hrs 30min - 3hrs 30min
- Grade 4
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
This short walk allows you to experience both the unique forests and stunning golden stretch of beach that make up Seven Mile Beach National Park.
Starting at the Beach Road picnic area, this walk meanders north towards Gerroa picnic area through dune blackbutt, bangalay forests and littoral rainforest. Take a moment in the forest to enjoy the birdwatching opportunities along the walk. Look out for thornbills, wrens, honeyeaters and the brown cuckoo dove.
Relax and enjoy the intimate bush setting at Gerroa picnic area. Retrace your steps back or kick off your shoes, get the sand between your toes and wander back along the golden beach as it stretches out into the distance.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Nowra office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4428 6300
- 104 Flatrock Road, West Nowra NSW 2541
- in Seven Mile Beach National Park in the South Coast region
Seven Mile Beach National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.