Beach Road picnic area
Seven Mile Beach National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Beach Road picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Beach Road picnic area is in the central precinct of Seven Mile Beach National Park. To get there:
From Sydney or Wollongong:
- Turn off the Princes Highway to Gerringong and drive south through Gerroa
- Turn left into Beach Road, about 4km south of the bridge
- Follow Beach Road to the end.
- Turn off the Princes Highway at Bolong Road, Bomaderry
- Follow Bolong Road which becomes Gerroa Road
- Turn right into Beach Road and follow to the end.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Beach Road picnic area, including a designated disabled spot. Bus parking is available but no designated bus spots.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Seven Mile Beach National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Walk among the tall forest trees and enjoy a leisurely picnic surrounded by bush at Gerroa picnic area.
Enjoy the flowering wattles and birds nesting as you wander through the forest and dunes.
Start your day with an early morning swim, followed by breakfast at the beach picnic area, then a stroll along the long stretch of beach.
Feel the cool sea breeze on your face as you take in the tranquillity of the beach in winter, enjoy the scenic views, then head to the protected Beach Road picnic area for a leisurely lunch.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 25°C
8°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Please take your rubbish.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Cold showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This area is fully wheelchair-accessible, although some assistance may be required to access the picnic tables due to the soft ground surface.
- Wheelchair access to beach lookout
- Wheelchair toilet access
- Wheelchair access to picnic shelter
Firewood is not supplied and may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Nowra office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4428 6300
- 104 Flatrock Road, West Nowra NSW 2541