Gerroa picnic area
Seven Mile Beach National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Gerroa picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Gerroa picnic area is at the northern end of Seven Mile Beach National Park. To get there:
From Sydney or Wollongong:
- Turn off the Princes Highway to Gerringong and drive south to Gerroa
- 1.75 km south of the Crooked River Bridge, turn left at the signpost into the park and follow it 750m to the end.
- Turn off the Princes Highway onto Bolong Road which becomes Gerroa Road
- Turn right onto the unsealed road at the northern edge of the park and follow it 750m to the end
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Gerroa picnic area, including a designated disabled spot.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Seven Mile Beach National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Walk among the tall forest trees and enjoy a leisurely picnic surrounded by bush at Gerroa picnic area.
Enjoy the flowering wattles and birds nesting as you wander through the forest and dunes.
Start your day with an early morning swim, followed by breakfast at the beach picnic area, then a stroll along the long stretch of beach.
Feel the cool sea breeze on your face as you take in the tranquillity of the beach in winter, enjoy the scenic views, then head to the protected Beach Road picnic area for a leisurely lunch.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 25°C
8°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This area is fully wheelchair-accessible.
- Disabled toilet
- Picnic table with extension for wheelchairs
- Disabled parking bay
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Firewood may not be collected from the park (no wood fires permitted).
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Nowra office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4428 6300
- 104 Flatrock Road, West Nowra NSW 2541