Georges River National Park
Fitzpatrick Park picnic area at Picnic Point is a great place for a family barbecue not far from Sydney. Enjoy a barbecue, go fishing or enjoy a spot of paddling.
- Picnic areas
- Georges River National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water
- Please note
- Please note that the Fitzpatrick Park precinct of Georges River National park is open at 6am and gates are locked and the park is closed after 6:30pm. Gates are locked after 7:30pm during daylight savings.
The flat expanse at this picnic area is a great place for the kids to kick a ball or throw a Frisbee to work up an appetite. After a tasty picnic or barbecue lunch, relax on your picnic rug, take in some sunshine or set off on an exploration of the park – there’s heaps to do including the nearby Yeramba Lagoon loop track.
Fitzpatrick Park is just the place for a spot of family fishing – cast a line to try your hand at catching a luderick, mullet or mulloway. If you’d like to go on a boating or paddling adventure, you can launch your canoe or kayak from the nearby boat ramp.
Take a virtual tour of Fitzpatrick Park captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232
- in Georges River National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Georges River National Park is open from 6am to 7.30pm during daylight savings (6am – 6.30pm at other times) but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines at the gate. Please bring correct coins, as no change is given.Buy annual pass