Yeramba Lagoon loop track
Georges River National Park
Georges River National Park is an easy daytrip from Sydney. Birdwatchers love the Yeramba Lagoon loop track – a short track with scenic views and lots of birdlife.
- No wheelchair access
- 1.8km loop
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Sunscreen, hat, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars and don't forget a bird identification book
When you’re visiting Georges River National Park, be sure to walk the Yeramba Lagoon loop track. This short walk takes you through some wonderful and diverse bushland, taking in grassy woodlands as well as saltwater wetlands.
It’s an important habitat for birds, with 100 species having been recorded. You’re likely to see kookaburras, crimson rosellas and rainbow lorikeets in the trees around you, along with black swans, white-faced herons and royal spoonbills by the water.
As you wind around the lagoon, take in the view out across the lagoon – it’s amazing to think that you are just outside the city of Sydney. You may also notice small orchids, banksia flowers, long-necked turtles and blue tongue lizards along this scenic walk. Pack a picnic and head to Fitzpatrick Park or Burrawang Reach picnic area once you are finished.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Audley, NSW 2232
- in Georges River National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Georges River National Park is open from 6am to 7.30pm during daylight savings (6am – 6.30pm at other times) but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines at the gate. Please bring correct coins, as no change is given. You can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.Buy annual pass
Things to do (22)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (4)
- Canoeing/paddling (4)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (1)
- Fishing (2)
- Other experiences (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (5)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (6)
- Walking (12)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (1)