Durawi picnic area
Bents Basin State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about the Durawi picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Durawi picnic area is in Bents Basin State Conservation Area. To get there:
- From The Northern Road, take Greendale Road west at Bringelly
- Turn left into Wolstenholme Avenue and continue to the park entrance.
- Continue through the park entrance and follow the signs to the picnic area.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Durawi picnic area
Best times to visit
Bents Basin State Conservation Area is a great place to visit all year round. Head to the park for a camping weekend in spring, a weekend picnic in the winter sun or a sunny summer day for lots of water activities.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 29°C
3°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- You can bring your own barbecue
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
- Toilet facilities are wheelchair accessible.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Scheyville office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4580 2750
- 71 Memorial Drive, Scheyville 2756
- in Bents Basin State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds region
Bents Basin State Conservation Area opens at 8am and closes at 5pm (8pm during daylight savings). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted.Buy annual pass