Durawi picnic area
Bents Basin State Conservation Area
Durawi picnic area in Bents Basin State Conservation Area is a large picnic area that's perfect for a family barbecue or picnic, in western Sydney.
- Picnic areas
- 525 Wolstenholme Avenue, Greendale, NSW, 2745 - in Bents Basin State Conservation Area
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
- October to April: daily 9am to 7pm
- May to September: daily 9am to 4.30pm
With its scenic backdrop of green forest, Durawi picnic area is a fantastic spot for a weekend barbecue in Bents Basin State Conservation Area. It’s a large area, so there’s plenty of room to throw a frisbee, enjoy a game of soccer, or just relax under a tree in the shade.
Choose your spot among the picnic area’s 3 sections, each of them offering picnic tables. If you feel like a swim, make your way to Bents Basin, on the Nepean River, just 100m down the hill.
After lunch, take a walk through the park via the footpath across the short bridge next to the water, and enjoy the views on Caleys lookout track.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Scheyville office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4580 2750
- 71 Memorial Drive, Scheyville 2756
- in Bents Basin State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds region
Bents Basin State Conservation Area opens at 8am and closes at 5pm (8pm during daylight savings). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Day passes are available from on-park pay machines that accept coins and credit cards, and you can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.Buy annual pass