Dasyurus picnic area
Monga National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Dasyurus picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Dasyurus picnic area is in the northern precinct of Monga National Park. To get there:
- Take the first left turn, approximately 200m after entering the park.
- Follow this road 400m to arrive at the picnic area
Park entry points
- Dasyurus access See on map
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Dasyurus picnic area. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Monga National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take in the sweet perfumes of the plumwood trees in flower.
See the distinctive bright red colour of the Monga waratah in flower along the banks of Mongarlowe River.
Enjoy the cool temperatures in the rainforest and discover its natural wonders on Penance Grove walking track.
Embark on the historic Corn Trail walking track and experience the diverse natural landscapes of Monga.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
10°C and 26°C
0°C and 11°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- You are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Firewood is not supplied and may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Narooma office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Office open by appointment only. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4476 0800
- 10 Graham Street, Narooma NSW 2546