Dasyurus picnic area
Monga National Park
Dasyurus picnic area is a tranquil spot to stop on your drive to the coast from Canberra or a great day trip from Batemans Bay or Braidwood.
- Picnic areas
- Monga National Park
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch
Dasyurus picnic area is a peaceful picnic spot, set on the banks of Mongarlowe River. It’s a tranquil place to stop on your drive to the coast from Canberra or a great day trip from Batemans Bay or Braidwood.
Pack a thermos and enjoy a hot cuppa as you admire the superb natural surroundings. Take the kids down to the river to see if you can spot a platypus feeding in the river pools. Try your luck fishing, or just sit by the riverbank and relax as you listen to the gentle waters flowing by.
If you feel like stretching your legs, step back in time along Corn Trail walking track, which starts from the picnic area. You’ll be following a route that has been used for thousands of years on this challenging 6-hour hike through warm temperate rainforest and eucalypt forest.
Corn Trail walking track is a historic trail for hikers and horse riders to traverse a wide variety of landscapes and follow in the footsteps of the past.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Narooma office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Office open by appointment only. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4476 0800
- 10 Graham Street, Narooma NSW 2546
- in Monga National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Monga is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.