Dasyurus picnic area
Monga National Park
Fire affected area
Some areas of this park were affected by fire in 2019/2020. You’ll notice some changes to the landscape, as well as signs of recovery. Some areas may remain closed for longer to allow habitat to recover or because we’re repairing park infrastructure. Stay safe with these after-fire tips for visitors.
Dasyurus picnic area is a tranquil spot to stop on your drive to the coast from Canberra or a great day trip from Batemans Bay or Braidwood.
- Picnic areas
- Monga National Park
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch
Dasyurus picnic area is a peaceful picnic spot, set on the banks of Mongarlowe River. It’s a tranquil place to stop on your drive to the coast from Canberra or a great day trip from Batemans Bay or Braidwood.
Pack a thermos and enjoy a hot cuppa as you admire the superb natural surroundings. Take the kids down to the river to see if you can spot a platypus feeding in the river pools. Try your luck fishing, or just sit by the riverbank and relax as you listen to the gentle waters flowing by.
There are plenty of nearby walking tracks to explore. Corn Trail walking track starts here, but you’ll need to come prepared for a challenging six-hour journey. For a short walk, take Penance Grove walking track where you’ll discover the wonders of ancient rainforest wandering along an easy boardwalk.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Narooma office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Office open by appointment only. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4476 0800
- 10 Graham Street, Narooma NSW 2546
- in Monga National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Monga is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.