Cobark Park picnic area
Barrington Tops National Park
Scone access only
The severe weather event in March 2021 has severely damaged Barrington Tops Forest Road, forcing Forestry Corporation of NSW to close the road. Until the road is fixed you can only access this location from Scone (the west). You can't access it from Gloucester (the east).
Take a break at Cobark Park picnic area to plan your adventures in the plateau region of Barrington Tops National Park—1 hour from Gloucester.
- Picnic areas
- Barrington Tops National Park
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, raincoat, snacks, clothes for all weather conditions
- Please note
- There are no toilet facilities here. You can find toilets at Honeysuckle (10min drive) and Devils Hole (20min drive) picnic areas.
- Check the weather before you set out because the road to Cobark Park picnic area can be affected by snow and ice.
On your Barrington Tops day trip, stop at the tranquil Cobark Park picnic area to get your bearings before exploring the northern part of the wild, untamed Barrington wilderness.
Located at the northernmost entrance to the park, you'll find plenty of parking near this cool, shady picnic spot which is set back from the road. Pull out your lunch at one of the covered picnic tables and breathe in the crisp, high plateau air.
Look for the bright flutter of king parrots and crimson rosellas and listen for superb lyrebirds mimicking other birds around them in the dense eucalypt forest. You might even be lucky enough to see a koala in the canopy.
It's a great jumping off point for other adventures in this park, with its World Heritage-listed Gondwana Rainforests. If you're after spectacular views, drive 5min to Thunderbolts lookout or Devils Hole lookout walk and picnic area. If you need more time for walking, fishing or cycling, pitch your tent at Polblue campground and picnic area and stretch your legs on Polblue Swamp track.
Explore the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia World Heritage Area in our NSW national parks. Enjoy guided tours, walks, waterfalls, scenic drives, and accommodation surrounded by ancient landscapes.
The free NSW National Parks app lets you download maps and explore parks, things to do and places to stay—all without mobile reception.
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422
- in Barrington Tops National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Barrington Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.