Polblue Swamp track
Barrington Tops National Park
Walk the easy Polblue Swamp track through high altitude wetlands of Barrington Tops National Park. It’s a short walk with picnic and barbecue facilities nearby.
- Barrington Tops National Park
- 3km loop
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, sunscreen, hat
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- Please keep to the track as the swamp edge is vulnerable to trampling
- If you’re bushwalking in this park it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS
- There are picnic and barbecue facilities at Polblue campground and picnic area
The Polblue Swamp track will take you on a short journey through the wetlands and high altitude forests of the Barrington Tops Plateau. You’ll see the smooth dark trunks of black sally, snow gums with scribbles on their bark and be dwarfed by the towering mountain gums.
From the forest edge, watch as grasses give way to a dense growth of sedges crowding the moss of the swamp. If you’re walking in spring or summer, you may see rare ground orchids along the track and it’s a good walk for spotting wombats and kangaroos.
You can start this easy walk from Polblue campground and picnic area.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422
- in Barrington Tops National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Barrington Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.