Cattle Duffers Flat picnic area
Georges River National Park
Cattle Duffers Flat picnic area in Georges River National Park is ideal for a barbecue picnic by the river as well as fishing, walking, kayaking or boating.
- Picnic areas
- Georges River National Park
- Opening times
Cattle Duffers Flat picnic area is open between 7am-7.30pm daily.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching.
Close to Hurstville, Cattle Duffers Flat picnic area is a fun and relaxed grassy picnic area popular with all ages, but especially families with young children. There’s plenty of room for the kids to run around, along with a lot for adults to enjoy too.
A parking area just a gentle 150m stroll away makes it easy to load up the car for a day in the sun. The picnic area is set alongside the river, so you can even bring your fishing gear, pull up by boat, or enjoy kayaking.
Settle in, relax and enjoy a riverside picnic as you watch the boats go by. You’ll be surrounded by majestic gorge scenery in a setting of tall open eucalypt forest, featuring smooth-barked apples, red bloodwoods and Sydney peppermint.
If you’re feeling a bit adventurous, Cattle Duffers Flat picnic area can be reached by following Ridge walking track. The track offers spectacular scenic views of the river and gorge hillsides.
Take a virtual tour of Cattle Duffers Flat picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232
- in Georges River National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Georges River National Park is open from 6am to 7.30pm during daylight savings (6am – 6.30pm at other times) but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines at the gate. Please bring correct coins, as no change is given.Buy annual pass