Cattle Duffers Flat picnic area
Georges River National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Cattle Duffers Flat picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Cattle Duffers Flat picnic area is located upstream of the main visitor area of Georges River National Park. To get there:
- From Sutherland, head west on River Road, then turn right onto Alfords Point Road and turn left onto Henry Lawson Drive. The park entry is approximately 1.5km on the left.
- From Liverpool, head east along the M5 motorway and continue for approximately 5.5km. Turn left towards the river at Carinya Road and follow the road along the river until you reach the park.
- From Sydney, follow the M5 motorway westbound, turn left onto Davis Road then right onto Henry Lawson Drive. Continue for approximately 1.5km and then turn left into the park entrance.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available at the end of Burrawang Reach Road – approximately 150m walk from Cattle Duffers Flat picnic area. Burrawang Reach is a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Georges River National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The park comes alive during spring, with wonderful wildflowers and abundant wildlife – try the Yeramba Lagoon walk.
Take to the water in your canoe, kayak or jetski, or strap on your waterskis for hours of fun along the Georges River The summer holiday information has important tips to help you plan your day to Georges River National Park during the busy holiday period .
Fishermen take note – this is a great time of year to head to the rich fishing grounds along the Georges River to catch yellow-finned bream.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 26°C
7°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
You're encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- This area is fully wheelchair-accessible
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Wood fires are not permitted.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232
- in Georges River National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Georges River National Park is open from 6am to 7.30pm during daylight savings (6am – 6.30pm at other times) but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines at the gate. Please bring correct coins, as no change is given.Buy annual pass