Carrington Falls picnic area
Budderoo National Park
Be wowed by Carrington Falls from one of three lookouts with great views. You’ll find picnic and barbecue facilities close by along with some short walking tracks.
- Picnic areas
- Budderoo National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- In summer, humidity in the rainforest can reach as high as 90 per cent.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
With its cascades, waterholes and rockpools, some regard Carrington Falls, where the Kangaroo River plunges over 50m to the gully below, as the most beautiful on the South Coast. Head to Carrington Falls picnic area, also known as Thomas Place, in the park’s north west to see for yourself and there’s a good chance you’ll agree.
Feeling energetic? From the picnic area you’ll find a variety of walking tracks that take you to a series of lookouts fronting the magnificent falls. Be sure to take the short walk along Izzards lookout track to enjoy another spectacular view. For longer walks head to the nearby Nellies Glen picnic area where you can choose from Warris Chair lookout track or Missingham lookout track for views over Carrington Falls Gorge.
After a more relaxed experience? Enjoy a picnic lunch as you listen to the distant crash of the falls or take a snooze in the shade.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 7270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day (Minnamurra Rainforest area only). Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass