Izzards lookout track
Budderoo National Park
Izzards lookout track is an easy walk in Budderoo National Park and offers scenic views of Kangaroo Valley.
- Budderoo National Park in South Coast, Country NSW
- 1.1km return
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply in the Minnamurra Rainforest area only
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
- Toilets and picnic facilities are available at Carrington Falls picnic area
If you love a breath of fresh air with a spectacular view then the easy walk to Izzards lookout is a must see. Stroll along the escarpment, soaking in the sights and sounds of the waterfall, particularly impressive after heavy rain. From the lookout, feast your eyes on the lush forests of Kangaroo Valley.
It's a perfect spot for birdwatchers, so be sure to look for the green catbird and fan-tailed cuckoo. If you hear something like a chainsaw ringing through the rainforest it’s more likely to be the superb lyrebird.
If you're still hungry for views, check out nearby Nellies Glen picnic area where you can choose from Missingham lookout track or Warris Chair lookout track.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving Our Species program
Australia is home to more than 500,000 animal and plant species, many of which are found nowhere else in the world. Saving our Species is a statewide conservation program that addresses the growing number of Australian animals and Australian native plants facing extinction.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 8270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass
Things to do (34)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (12)
- Cafes and kiosks (2)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cycling (2)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (5)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (4)
- Sightseeing (19)
- Visitor centres (2)
- Walking (18)
- Waterfalls (13)
- Waterhole (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (4)