Nellies Glen picnic area
Budderoo National Park
A perfect day trip, the Nellies Glen picnic area offers scenic waterfall views, birdwatching and a range of short walks near Kangaroo Valley.
- Picnic areas
- Budderoo National Park in South Coast, Country NSW
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply in the Minnamurra Rainforest area only
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching.
History may not have remembered Nellie so well, but one thing's for sure: she knew a good picnic spot when she saw it. Soak up the oxygen laiden air while being soothed by the sounds of nearby waterfalls.
Here, you can relax under the shade of magnificent eucalyptus forest. The kids will love looking for the brightly coloured funghi and orchids high in the canopy. Check the nearby forest floor for collections of blue objects, the tell tale signs of the nest of a male satin bower bird trying to impress the ladies.
This is the perfect spot for a quiet picnic before stretching your legs exploring the nearby range of spectacular lookouts via Missingham lookout track, Warris Chair lookout track or Carrington Falls picnic area.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving Our Species program
Australia is home to more than 500,000 animal and plant species, many of which are found nowhere else in the world. Saving our Species is a statewide conservation program that addresses the growing number of Australian animals and Australian native plants facing extinction.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 8270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass
Things to do (35)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (12)
- Cafes and kiosks (2)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cycling (2)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (5)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (5)
- Sightseeing (19)
- Visitor centres (2)
- Walking (18)
- Waterfalls (13)
- Waterhole (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (4)