Warris Chair lookout track
Budderoo National Park
Warris Chair walking track offers scenic views of the south coast and Kangaroo Valley with birdwatching and dazzling wildflower displays.
- Budderoo National Park in South Coast, Country NSW
- 1km return
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply in the Minnamurra Rainforest area only
- What to
- Sunscreen, hat, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching.
If you like to feel on top of the world without the effort, you can’t go past Warris Chair lookout. From the heathlands, on the western edge of Kangaroo Valley, gaze across the last remaining pocket of rainforest protected by Budderoo National Park.
This easy walk through woodlands of swamp banksia offers fabulous birdwatching. The honey eaters, flame robins and beautiful firetails are attracted to the heath in spring, when it erupts in colours and fragrance. Nearby Carrington Falls will give a spectacular display after heavy rain.
If all that fresh air stirs up an appetite, head back to Carrington Falls or Nellies Glen picnic area. There are plenty of places to stay in the nearby southern highlands, making for a perfect weekend away.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving Our Species program
Australia is home to more than 500,000 animal and plant species, many of which are found nowhere else in the world. Saving our Species is a statewide conservation program that addresses the growing number of Australian animals and Australian native plants facing extinction.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 8270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass
Things to do (36)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (12)
- Cafes and kiosks (2)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cycling (2)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (5)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (4)
- Sightseeing (19)
- Visitor centres (3)
- Walking (18)
- Waterfalls (13)
- Waterhole (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (4)