Canyon picnic area
Warrumbungle National Park
Canyon picnic area is a fully accessible, family friendly picnic area in Warrumbungle National Park. Not far from the visitor centre, it features barbecues and tables.
- Picnic areas
- Warrumbungle National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- Water is not available at the picnic area so you'll need to bring your own supply
Canyon picnic area is a great spot for a family picnic or barbecue, and you can either lay out your picnic blanket and relax on the grass, or take advantage of one of the picnic tables. The picnic area is accessible to everyone, including curious creatures who might like the look of your lunch.
If you’d like to stretch your legs after cooking up your barbecue lunch, take a short walk downstream where you may see woodland birds and perhaps a lounging koala hiding in the trees. If it's a warm day, you might like to dip your toes in the cool water of Wambelong Creek.
Take a virtual tour of Canyon picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
The bushfires that ravaged Warrumbungle National Park in 2013 became the focus of a major research and recovery program by NSW National Parks. The program had multiple components including studies on fire behaviour, cultural heritage, soils and water, native Australian animals, vegetation and fire management, and included citizen science.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Warrumbungle NP Visitor Information Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6825 4364
- 4261 John Renshaw Parkway, Warrumbungle NSW 2828
- in Warrumbungle National Park in the Country NSW region
Warrumbungle National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass