Bents Basin Road picnic area
Bents Basin State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about the Bents Basin Road picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Bents Basin Road picnic area is in the northern precinct of Bents Basin State Conservation Area. To get there:
- From Wallacia, follow Silverdale Road west
- Turn left onto Bents Basin Road and continue to the end
Bents Basin Road picnic area is also accessible by foot from southern precinct of the park by taking the footpath across the short bridge next to the water.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Bents Basin Road picnic area.
Best times to visit
Bents Basin State Conservation Area is a great place to visit all year round. Head to the park for a camping weekend in spring, a weekend picnic in the winter sun or a sunny summer day for lots of water activities.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 29°C
3°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- You can bring your own barbecue
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area
- There are three designated disabled car spots at the carpark
- The carpark is located adjacent to picnic area – there is a 30m walk to the closest picnic table and a 100m walk to the water
- The picnic area is relatively flat, with grassy terrain
- There is no wheelchair access to the water at Bents Basin Road picnic area
- Toilet facilities at this picnic area are accessible via steps and are not wheelchair-accessible. Wheelchair-accessible toilet facilities are located in the Durawi picnic area, about 300m away; over the bridge and uphill on a paved path.
- in Bents Basin State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds region
Bents Basin State Conservation Area opens at 8am and closes at 5pm (8pm during daylight savings). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Day passes are available from on-park pay machines that accept coins and credit cards, and you can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.Buy annual pass