Bents Basin Road picnic area
Bents Basin State Conservation Area
Take the family for a day out at Bents Basin Road picnic area. Go swimming, walking and fishing before cooking up a barbecue feast to enjoy at this scenic spot.
- Picnic areas
- 525 Wolstenholme Avenue, Greendale, NSW, 2745 - in Bents Basin State Conservation Area in Sydney and surrounds
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
Like the sound of a picnic by the water’s edge? Pack up the family and head to Bents Basin Road picnic area for the day.
Get the barbecue going and relax at a picnic table while absorbing the water views and cooking up your lunch. Bring your kayak along to go for a paddle. There’s also good fishing and swimming in the basin on a hot summer’s day is a great way to cool off.
See if there’s enough wind to get a kite up or set off on the Caleys lookout track, which begins from the back of the picnic area, or cross the bridge to explore the park’s southern section.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Bents Basin State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds region
Bents Basin State Conservation Area is open 8am to 6pm from May to August and 8am to 8pm from September to April. The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Day passes are available from on-park pay machines that accept coins and credit cards, and you can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.Buy annual pass
Things to do (72)
- 4WD touring (3)
- Aboriginal culture (5)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (12)
- Canoeing/paddling (3)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (6)
- Environmental appreciation/study (2)
- Fishing (2)
- Historic heritage (7)
- Other experiences (7)
- Photography (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sightseeing (39)
- Swimming (8)
- Walking (39)
- Waterfalls (13)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (1)