Yarriabini National Park
Yarriabini lookout invites visitors to relax and enjoy the magnificent coastal views to the Macleay River estuary and Trial Bay.
- Yarriabini National Park in North Coast
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch
Your visit to the Nambucca region just wouldn’t be complete without a day trip to see the magnificent coastal views from Yarriabini lookout. This detour from Way Way Creek Road drive is a scenic drive up to the summit of Mount Yarrahapinni, lined with patches of orange in late winter when the banksias are in flower.
From the top, the views stretch south-east over lush macadamia farms to the Macleay River estuary and Trial Bay. On a clear day, the coastline near Smoky Cape in Hat Head National Park makes a dramatic backdrop to the towns of South West Rocks and Arakoon.
Watch the sun rise over the distant ocean, then head back to Grassy Head for a refreshing surf. Pack a gourmet lunch and enjoy a relaxing picnic with a view while you marvel at the giant old growth forest nearby or visit nearby The Pines picnic area. The lookout is also a great spot for birdwatching and the kids will love the sight of lyrebirds parading around the area.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 4/32 Edgar St, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- in Yarriabini National Park in the North Coast region
Yarriabini National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (77)
- 4WD touring (2)
- Aboriginal culture (2)
- Beach (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (30)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Canoeing/paddling (5)
- Cultural heritage (3)
- Cycling (3)
- Fishing (7)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (10)
- Photography (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (19)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (6)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (43)
- Snorkelling and scuba (1)
- Surfing (4)
- Swimming (8)
- Walking (44)
- Waterfalls (17)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (4)