Yarriabini National Park
Yarriabini lookout invites visitors to relax and enjoy the magnificent coastal views to the Macleay River estuary and Trial Bay.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch
Your visit to the Nambucca region just wouldn’t be complete without a day trip to see the magnificent coastal views from Yarriabini lookout. This detour from Way Way Creek Road drive is a scenic drive up to the summit of Mount Yarrahapinni, lined with patches of orange in late winter when the banksias are in flower.
From the top, the views stretch south-east over lush macadamia farms to the Macleay River estuary and Trial Bay. On a clear day, the coastline near Smoky Cape in Hat Head National Park makes a dramatic backdrop to the towns of South West Rocks and Arakoon.
Watch the sun rise over the distant ocean, then head back to Grassy Head for a refreshing surf. Pack a gourmet lunch and enjoy a relaxing picnic with a view while you marvel at the giant old growth forest nearby or visit nearby The Pines picnic area. The lookout is also a great spot for birdwatching and the kids will love the sight of lyrebirds parading around the area.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 4/32 Edgar St, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- in Yarriabini National Park in the North Coast region
Yarriabini National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.