Yarriabini National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Yarriabini lookout.
Getting there and parking
Yarriabini lookout is in the southern precinct of Yarriabini National Park. To get there:
- From Macksville, follow the Pacific Highway south for approximately 5km
- Turn left into Albert Drive and left right into Rosewood Road
- Continue on Rosewood Road for 5km
- Turn right into Tower Road and follow it to the end.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Yarriabini lookout can become slippery after heavy rain and some roads have creek crossings.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
- Parking is available at Yarriabini lookout, including several designated disabled spots.
- Mini-bus parking is available
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Yarriabini National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take your mountain bike along Way Way Creek Road and feel the refreshing air in the forest.
Enjoy a scenic drive along Way Way Creek Road, with its bubbling creek crossings and vibrant green forest.
Enjoy a picnic under the shade and wander through the cool rainforest at The Pines picnic area.
Admire the colourful banksias in flower along Tower Road as you head up to Yarriabini lookout to see spectacular views of Macleay Valley.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 27°C
11°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- You are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Drinking water is not available in this area, so it's a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This area is fully wheelchair-accessible.
Firewood may not be collected from the park.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 4/32 Edgar St, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- in Yarriabini National Park in the North Coast region
Yarriabini National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.