O'Hares Creek lookout
Dharawal National Park
For great gorge views near Campbelltown and Wollongong in southern Sydney, O'Hares Creek lookout in Dharawal National Park offers breathtaking scenery and birdwatching along a family-friendly walking track.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
For some of the best gorge views, make tracks to Dharawal National Park and O'Hares Creek lookout. Located within easy reach of Appin, Campbelltown and Wollongong, it’s a great family day trip, with excellent opportunities for wildlife-spotting and birdwatching.
To access the lookout, you’ll need to walk along O'Hares Creek lookout walking track through unspoilt bushland, where you’ll pass forests of scribbly gums and tall scrub. The views from the lookout are spectacular; scenic gorge views into O'Hares Creek with picturesque rockpools far below.
Take your binoculars and make the most of your vantage point with a spot of wildlife and birdwatching. Keen eyes might even glimpse a koala asleep in the branches of a gumtree. Soak in the tranquility and wide open spaces before retracing your steps.
Take a virtual tour of O'Hares Creek lookout captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Wollongong office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 4224 4188
- Unit G Ground Floor, 84 Crown Street, Wollongong NSW 2500
- in Dharawal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Dharawal National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (77)
- Aboriginal culture (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (26)
- Cafes and kiosks (2)
- Canoeing/paddling (10)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (5)
- Fishing (6)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Horse riding (1)
- Other experiences (4)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (27)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (31)
- Surfing (1)
- Swimming (9)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (41)
- Waterfalls (8)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (10)