Green Cape lookout
Green Cape area in Beowa National Park
Green Cape lookout in Beowa National Park is one of the best places to enjoy whale watching in NSW.
- 2086 Green Cape Lighthouse Road, Green Cape, NSW, 2551 - in Green Cape area in Beowa National Park in South Coast
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching or whale watching
For one of the best whale watching spots along the NSW coast, you can’t go past Green Cape lookout. With vast ocean views from this rocky peninsula, it’s also a popular spot for birdwatching and wildlife-spotting - a perfect pit stop on a car tour of the wild and remote NSW Far South Coast.
Just a short, easy walk from the carpark, the imposing Green Cape Lightstation dominates the landscape. If you choose to extend your visit check out Green Cape Lightstation Keeper's Cottage. Take in the fresh ocean breezes as you gaze up and down the coast, looking for whales and dolphins.
There’s plenty of other wildlife to look out for including a resident population of fur seals, dolphins, albatross, gannets and sea eagles. During October, hundreds of muttonbirds can frequently be seen during their annual migration.
Take a virtual tour of Green Cape Lighthouse captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Green Cape Lighthouse, around 45min south of Eden, is the southernmost lighthouse in NSW. Towering above Green Cape Lightstation Keepers’ Cottages, soak up the maritime heritage and spot migrating whales.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548
- in the Green Cape area of Beowa National Park in the South Coast region
The Green Cape area of Beowa National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
$8 per vehicle per day in the Green Cape area of the park (south of Eden).Buy annual pass