Green Cape lookout
Ben Boyd National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Green Cape lookout.
Getting there and parking
Green Cape lookout is in the southern precinct of Ben Boyd National Park. To get there:
- Travel 18km south of Eden along Princes Highway, then turn left on Edrom Road for 6km.
- Turn right onto unsealed Green Cape Road and follow the road to the end.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Green Cape lookout.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Ben Boyd National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Camp at Bittangabee Beach campground and see lyrebirds performing their characteristic dance and tail display.
Visit Green Cape Lighthouse or Boyds Tower to spot whales migrating south to their Antarctic feeding grounds - you might even see females with young calves.
Plan a camping trip to Saltwater Creek - to enjoy the lagoons and beautiful surf beach.
Take the Light to Light walk when it's nice and cool and the banksias are in bloom.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548
- in Ben Boyd National Park in the South Coast region
Ben Boyd National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies in the southern section of the park (south of Eden). There is no park entry fee for the northern section of the park (north of Eden). The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring correct change.Buy a pass