Disaster Bay lookout
Green Cape area in Ben Boyd National Park
The scenic lookout from Disaster Bay in Ben Boyd National Park offers striking views over Disaster Bay and Nadgee-Howe Wilderness Area.
- Green Cape area in Ben Boyd National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching or whale watching
- There's no mobile reception in this park
Disaster Bay lookout is the perfect spot to enjoy birdwatching and nature photography while taking in the unspoilt coastline of the NSW Far South Coast region. It’s a perfect stop on a driving tour, taking in the coastal delights of Ben Boyd National Park.
Looking out to sea, soak in the amazing views and natural beauty of Disaster Bay and Pacific Ocean. Behind you, the magnificent Nadgee-Howe Wilderness Area runs all the way to the Victorian border.
From here, you might see migrating whales from late May to early December, with the best sightings around September through November. Bring your binoculars and keep your eyes peeled for local seabirds such as the Australasian gannet, oystercatchers and the white-bellied sea eagle.
Take a virtual tour of Disaster Bay lookout captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548
- in the Green Cape area of Ben Boyd National Park in the South Coast region
The Green Cape area of Ben Boyd National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
$8 per vehicle per day in the Green Cape area of the park (south of Eden).Buy annual pass