Disaster Bay lookout
Green Cape area in Ben Boyd National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Disaster Bay lookout.
Getting there and parking
Disaster Bay is in the southern precinct of Ben Boyd National Park. To get there:
- Travel 18km south of Eden along Princes Highway, then turn left on Edrom Road and follow for 6km.
- Turn right onto unsealed Green Cape Road. After 15km, look for the lookout on the right-hand side.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Disaster Bay lookout.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Ben Boyd National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Camp at Bittangabee Beach campground and see lyrebirds performing their characteristic dance and tail display.
Visit Green Cape Lighthouse or Boyds Tower to spot whales migrating south to their Antarctic feeding grounds - you might even see females with young calves.
Plan a camping trip to Saltwater Creek - to enjoy the lagoons and beautiful surf beach.
Take the Light to Light walk when it's nice and cool and the banksias are in bloom.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
- You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548