Charlotte Pass lookout
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
Charlotte Pass lookout offers easily accessed vistas of Australia’s highest mountains, in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park. Enjoy the views before walking to Mount Kosciuszko’s summit.
Located at the end of Kosciuszko Road, above Charlotte Pass winter resort, Charlotte Pass lookout is one of the easiest places to see Mount Kosciuszko and the majestic Snowy Mountains.
Cast your gaze across the famous Snowy River to Australia’s highest peaks and admire the grandeur of the alpine landscape.
From the lookout you can explore further along the short Snow Gums boardwalk or nearby Mount Stilwell walk. For a more challenging hike, climb Mount Kosciuszko Summit walk or tackle Main Range walk, recommended for well-equipped, experienced hikers.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass