Burragorang lookout and picnic area
Burragorang State Conservation Area
Burragorang lookout and picnic area is a great day trip from Camden, Campbelltown and Sydney. Enjoy a picnic lunch with stunning views of Warragamba Dam. You can also hire the picnic area for a special event.
- Burragorang State Conservation Area
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
Burragorang lookout and picnic area opens at 8am throughout the year. Closing times change depending on the season. Please check park opening times before your visit.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Burragorang picnic area is available for non-exclusive hire for weddings or informal events
- The lookout and viewing platform is not available for hire
- This park is remote and the weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please be well-prepared for your visit.
High above Warragamba Dam, on a Blue Mountains escarpment, Burragorang lookout and picnic area is a viewing point for nature’s great beauty. From up here, you can look across one of New South Wales’ most precious resources – that huge body of water far below provides about 80 per cent of Sydney’s water supply.
What you’ll see much closer is equally as impressive. Noisy glossy black cockatoos hanging from the casuarinas; perhaps one of the shy and beautiful lyrebirds will be scratching in the leaves below the trees.
For the kids, there’s some excellent bike riding along the quiet sealed roads, as well as a playground. Pack the esky well, because there are barbecues and plenty of picnic tables, all ready for the perfect bush lunch.
If you’re looking for a unique venue to hire for a wedding or special event near Camden and Campbelltown, Burragorang picnic area and lookout is an idyllic place to celebrate your special occasion.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Richmond office
- Monday to Friday , 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 4588 2400
- Bowmans Cottage, 370 Windsor Street, Richmond NSW 2753
- in Burragorang State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds region
The park opens at 8am throughout the year. Summer: From 1 October to 31 March, it closes at 5.30pm on weekdays and 7pm on weekends and public holidays. Winter: From 1 April to 31 May and from 1 August to 30 September, the park closes at 5pm on weekdays, and 6pm on weekends and public holidays. From 1 June to 31 July, the park closes at 5pm on weekdays, weekends and public holidays.
Park entry fees:
$4 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass