Cunnawarra National Park
Head to Beech lookout in Cunnawarra National Park for remarkable views out over World Heritage-listed rainforest.
- Cunnawarra National Park in North Coast, Country NSW
- What to
- Drinking water
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
Beech lookout is an absolute must-see spot if you’re visiting Cunnawarra National Park. Here, you can enjoy spectacular views out across the headwaters of Georges River south to Cunnawarra Range, Botumburra Range and beyond into the Macleay River valley.
Just below the lookout are some of NSW’s tallest trees. These majestic forest ribbon gums reach an impressive 70m in height and can grow as wide as 3m in diameter. From here, you can also spot the lush green crowns of ancient Antarctic beech trees.
Keep your eyes out for the many threatened species that call the area home. If you’re lucky, you may even spot a powerful owl or glossy black cockatoo in the trees below, or a wedge-tailed eagle soaring across the skies above.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in Cunnawarra National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Cunnawarra National Park is always open, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (73)
- 4WD touring (3)
- Aboriginal culture (2)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (28)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (2)
- Environmental appreciation/study (1)
- Geotourism (3)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Photography (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (18)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Sightseeing (52)
- Surfing (1)
- Swimming (2)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (41)
- Waterfalls (29)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (8)