Berowra Valley National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Barnetts lookout.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Bernetts lookout is in the Berowra Heights precinct of Berowra Valley National Park. To get there:
- From Hornsby, take the Pacific Highway north
- At Berowra Heights, turn left onto Berowra Waters Road
- Turn left onto Barnetts Road and the carpark is located at the end of Barnetts Road
- It is a short walk to the lookout.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available for Barnetts lookout.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Berowra Valley National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy the spring wildflowers and take on the challenge of the Great North walk before the weather gets too warm
Swim in Berowra creek in the warmer months - remember safety precautions around waterways
Winter is generally great for bushwalking in the Sydney region but bring warm gear if youre camping - nights can be cold in the bush
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 28°C
6°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This area is fully wheelchair accessible with a short concrete path from the carpark to the lookout
- Bobbin Head Information Centre
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
- 688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- in Berowra Valley National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
- Berowra Valley National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger
- Crosslands Reserve is open 8am to 7.30pm during daylight savings and 9am to 5pm the rest of the year
- Barnetts Road Reserve and the lookout is closed from sunset to sunrise