Mount Jerusalem Central trails
Mount Jerusalem National Park
Get off the beaten track on Mount Jerusalem Central trails, near Mullumbimby. These multi-use trails through beautiful eucalypt forest are ideal for horse riders, mountain bikers and bushwalkers.
- No wheelchair access
- 10.3km of trails
- Time suggested
- What to
- Drinking water, sturdy shoes, hat, raincoat, suitable clothing, clothes for all weather conditions, sunscreen, snacks, first aid kit, topographic map, compass, gps
- Please note
- Allow about 12 hours to explore all Mount Jerusalem Central trails and ride back to your horse float
- Mount Jerusalem Central trails are shared with vehicles. Follow road rules and stay safe.
- Some trails pass through remote country. It's a good idea to bring navigational aids.
- Please read our code of practice for horse riding in parks before you set out on your adventure.
- Please don't let your horses drink from creeks in the park. This harms fragile creek-side habitat for threatened frogs.
Easily reached from Main Arm and Uki, these trails provide a great opportunity to explore Mount Jerusalem National Park. Suitable for beginner and intermediate horse riders, as well as cyclists and bushwalkers, they offer more than 10km of wide dirt tracks and unpaved roads.
Saddle up and forget your cares as you wind your way through open forest along Middle Ridge trail and Manns Road, catching glimpses of distant ranges. Along South Chowan Road you'll notice a shift from wet and dry eucalypt forest to denser rainforest. Be sure to stop and admire the pretty cascades of Unicorn Falls.
Nature lovers will be delighted by the beauty and diversity of this landscape. In spring rare trees like peach myrtle and scrub turpentine burst into bloom, and in January the rough-shelled bush nut begins to fruit. There's plenty of fascinating birdlife too, from satin bowerbirds and superb lyrebirds to yellow-tailed black cockatoos.
If these peaceful trails whet your appetite for a bigger challenge, try nearby Gilwah trail, for advanced riders. Further afield are Whian Whian mountain biking trails, another suite of scenic multi-use trails in the Byron Bay Hinterland of Whian Whian State Conservation Area and Nightcap National Park.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Murwillumbah office
- in Mount Jerusalem National Park in the North Coast region
Mount Jerusalem National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.