Aboriginal cultural tours at The Basin
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
You must be fully vaccinated to book this tour or event. Proof of vaccination will be required on the day, before the tour or event commences.
Join Guringai Tours for a fascinating day of short walks with Traditional Custodians in beautiful Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. It a great way to immerse yourself in Aboriginal culture near Sydney.
- Contact Guringai Tours for schedule.
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Contact Guringai Tours for pricing.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Guringai Tours on 0438 877 509.
Your day of exploring The Basin area and its rich Aboriginal heritage begins as you meet your guide in pretty Resolute picnic area. Walk together along The Basin track to The Basin Aboriginal art site with its rock engravings, one of the best examples in this remarkable area of 800 Aboriginal sites. Listen as your friendly and passionate guide shares his knowledge about this site and how it links with others nearby.
After a lunch break, stretch your legs by walking through Sydney red gums to Red Hands Cave. Pause with your guide to hear the story behind these beautiful ochre hand-prints. Your final stop is West Head and one of Sydney’s best lookouts to take in stunning ocean and coastal views.
Guringai Tours is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.Buy annual pass