Resolute picnic area
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Resolute picnic area in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is ideal for barbecues in the bush and is positioned near ancient Aboriginal rock art and buswalking tracks.
- Picnic areas
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water
- Please note
- There are no rubbish bins at the picnic area so please take your rubbish with you when you leave
Enjoy a quiet picnic surrounded by Sydney red gums at West Head’s Resolute picnic area.
Resolute picnic area is a terrific spot for a barbecue or picnic. It’s also a good place to take a breather after a bushwalk. Aboriginal Heritage walk departs from the picnic area, taking you past the park’s best-known Aboriginal rock art to the nearby West Head lookout.
Grab a picnic table and tuck into your lunch while taking in the beautiful bush setting. There’s plenty of parking, as well as a bus-turnaround area and an environmentally-friendly toilet block. But remember it’s BYO drinking water, so be sure to pack your drink bottle.
Take a virtual tour of Resolute picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Forestville Office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9451 3479
- 82 Ferguson Street, Forestville NSW 2087
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass