Resolute picnic area
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Resolute picnic area in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is ideal for barbecues in the bush and is positioned near ancient Aboriginal rock art and buswalking tracks.
- Picnic areas
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water
- Please note
- There are no rubbish bins at the picnic area so please take your rubbish with you when you leave
Enjoy a quiet picnic surrounded by Sydney red gums at West Head’s Resolute picnic area.
Resolute picnic area is a terrific spot for a barbecue or picnic. It’s also a good place to take a breather after a bushwalk. Aboriginal Heritage walk departs from the picnic area, taking you past the park’s best-known Aboriginal rock art to the nearby West Head lookout.
Grab a picnic table and tuck into your lunch while taking in the beautiful bush setting. There’s plenty of parking, as well as a bus-turnaround area and an environmentally-friendly toilet block. But remember it’s BYO drinking water, so be sure to pack your drink bottle.
Take a virtual tour of Resolute picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Forestville Office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9451 3479
- 82 Ferguson Street, Forestville NSW 2087
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. You can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.
Under the Plan of Management for this park, prior written approval is required for organised groups of 20 or more people planning to visit this park. Contact the park office before your visit.Buy annual pass