Resolute picnic area
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Resolute picnic area in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is ideal for barbecues in the bush and is positioned near ancient Aboriginal rock art and buswalking tracks.
- Picnic areas
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water
- Please note
- There are no rubbish bins at the picnic area so please take your rubbish with you when you leave
Enjoy a quiet picnic surrounded by Sydney red gums at West Head’s Resolute picnic area.
Resolute picnic area is a terrific spot for a barbecue or picnic. It’s also a good place to take a breather after a bushwalk. Aboriginal Heritage walk departs from the picnic area, taking you past the park’s best-known Aboriginal rock art to the nearby West Head lookout.
Grab a picnic table and tuck into your lunch while taking in the beautiful bush setting. There’s plenty of parking, as well as a bus-turnaround area and an environmentally-friendly toilet block. But remember it’s BYO drinking water, so be sure to pack your drink bottle.
Take a virtual tour of Resolute picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Tours and events at this location
Join us for a quiet, relaxing wander in a bushland forest on beautiful West Head. Treat yourself to some 'forest medicine'. Simply being in nature can have great benefits for your health and peace of mind.
Join guest Aboriginal tour leader, Laurie Bimson from Guringai Aboriginal Tours, on this fascinating 3hr, 1km walk at West Head. We'll visit 3 Aboriginal engraving sites, driving between some of them.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Forestville Office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9451 3479
- Garigal National Park, End of Ferguson Street, Forestville NSW 2087
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy a pass